Clinical Trials BC
Clinical Trial Management System FAQ
Clinical Trials BC is proud to provide provincial research organizations and their investigators with a provincially harmonized, cloud-based clinical trial management system (CTMS).
The CTMS is a critical tool for improving the clinical research process at both the site and institutional level. A CTMS maintains and manages planning, performing and reporting functions, along with tracking participant visits, study milestones and trial financial data. The use of a CTMS provides for easy and secure organization of this data in a centralized location so trials can run more efficiently.
By providing the CTMS, we hope to improve the management of clinical trials in BC, by making them more efficient, streamlined, informed and collaborative.
Why use a CTMS?
There are several functions provided by a well-run CTMS, including:
- Real-time insight into operations: A central place for recording operational activity, offering easy access to important information
- Better financial management: Consistent budgeting, for faster and improved revenue recovery
- Enhanced billing compliance: Streamlined communications between all parties to support billing accuracy
- Efficient regulatory process: Tracking and managing regulatory documents through a validated, fully integrated eRegulatory Binder with e-signature capabilities
- Increased efficiency: Integrated processes that reduce the need for duplicate data entry, and allow tracking of staff effort
Benefits of a province-wide CTMS program
- Common clinical trial management processes and tools: Allows for improvements, efficiencies and scalability
- Access to a “collaborative community”: Builds a robust community that discusses operations and shares best practices, which supports continuous improvement
- Lower cost per trial: The more trials conducted, the lower the cost per trial; combining the total number of trials from all health authorities allows for a better price point.
- Provincial reporting: Provides a holistic view as to what trials are being managed in the province, and their outcomes
Feedback from CTMS users
“This is a welcomed tool for tracking revenues and expenses related to studies in the health authority that has been long coming, and I am very pleased to endorse it.” – Health Authority VP
“It bridges the gap between clinical trials and operations. There are many wonderful advantages.” – Site Manager
“Very functional. It reduces administrative burden, streamlines operations and improves efficiency.” – CTMS end-user
Join the Health Research BC CTMS program
If your clinical trial site would like to join the CTMS program, please contact the CTMS administrator for your participating organization.
Vancouver Coastal Health
Clinical Research Systems and Process Improvement Specialist
Clinical Research and Clinical Trials Management System Coordinator
Catherine St. George
Clinical Trial Management Consultant
Clinical Research Coordinator
Research Contracts & Accounting Coordinator
Provincial Health Services Authority
Manager, Clinical Research Support Unit