Position Title: Research Associate
DEPARTMENT: Operations/Innovation Institute
REPORTS TO: Academic Research Lead
Joining a team of passionate, collaborative, and skilled multidisciplinary professionals, the Research Associate is pivotal member of the Innovation Institute with the division of the Operations Pillar. This role has a focus on leading research activities at the Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation (RCHF) to create novel clinical solutions that accelerate improvement in patent outcomes and increase healthcare system productivity. As a key member of the Innovation Institute, the Research Associate contributes to the overall success of the portfolio leading projects as assigned in the area.
ABOUT ROYAL COLUMBIAN HOSPITAL
Royal Columbian provides the highest level of care to the most critically ill and injured from throughout the region and province. We are a provincial referral centre for cardiac care, trauma, neurosciences, high-risk maternity, neonatal intensive care, and mental health. No other hospital in the province provides this level of care, or offers all these services, on one site or in such high volumes.
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation (RCHF) is an independent charitable organization that raises millions of dollars each year to fund major projects, priority equipment needs, facility enhancements, research, education and innovation at RCH.
Supported by thousands of individuals, businesses, community groups and foundations, RCHF strives to achieve its vision to inspire giving and grow funding so patients have access to the best in health care at Royal Columbian Hospital.
KEY AREAS OF INVOLEMENT
The Research Associate will:
- Lead a research program based on improving outcomes from the study
- Perform critical evaluation of clinical data
- Analysis of experimental data, statistical analysis, preparation of manuscripts and scientific reports, and dissemination of research findings
- Perform literature and systemic reviews
- Prepare and deliver presentations for research meetings
- Being current on emerging health research trends and model of care
- Develop communications with the lens on change and communication practices to engage stakeholders
- Perform other duties as required by the organization
A doctoral degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience in healthcare, research or academic industry.
- Strong clinical research skills including study design, ethics submissions, conduct, data acquisition, and analysis.
- Creates connections, trust and shared meaning with individuals and groups
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- An excellent customer service attitude
- Proven ability to multi-task in a busy environment, to work well under pressure, and to prioritize tasks appropriately while meeting time-sensitive demands
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in digital tools such as MS Office and other technology platforms
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
- Actively seeks opportunities and challenges for personal learning, character building and growth
- Models qualities such as honesty, integrity, resilience, and confidence
- Listens well and encourages open exchange of information and ideas
- Thinks analytically and conceptually – questioning and challenging the status quo to identify issues and solve problems
- A comprehensive benefits package which includes extended health, dental, insurance, and health spending account
- Wellness spending account to support a healthy lifestyle
- Municipal Pension Plan (MPP)
- Generous Professional Development Program to develop employees through educational programs, professional designations, conferences, and other learning activities
- Generous vacation policy where all team members start at 20 days of vacation per year (prorated based on the start day for the first year)
- For a position that is not management and can perform duties remotely, a hybrid arrangement is possible for up to 2 days remote work per week
- A collaborative and supportive working environment
RCHF is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring on the basis of merit. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RCHF celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment. Through a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experience, we are better able to serve our community. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org