Clinical Research Nurse
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Full-time and Part-time positions are available.
Qu Biologics (Qu) is a private, Phase 2 clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company located in Burnaby, BC developing Site Specific Immunomodulators (SSIs), a novel immunotherapy platform designed to restore normal immune function to reverse the immune dysregulation underlying many conditions including cancer and chronic inflammatory diseases.
IS QU FOR YOU?
Do you enjoy using your nursing knowledge and skills outside of a traditional hospital setting? Are you interested in contributing to finding new therapies to advance medical care? Are you excited by innovation, new ideas, and working with a creative, fun, and inspired team? Then, this is for you! We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) interested in learning about and working in clinical research
- You are confident working independently and can also work collaboratively
- You are well-organized, detail-oriented and can prioritize effectively
- You can think creatively to problem-solve but understand the importance of complying with the study protocol and regulatory and ethical regulations
- You value respectful and open communication and enjoy working as part of a team
- You have a car and are willing to travel to participants’ homes and Seniors’ Centres to conduct study visits
The study involves evaluating efficacy of Qu Biologics’ lung-directed SSI (QBKPN) in improving innate immune function and reducing respiratory infections in adults (65 years and older). Participants will be recruited from the community, as well as from independent-living, assisted-living and long-term care facilities.
The Clinical Research Nurse will report to the Clinical Trial Manager and work under the guidance & supervision of the Qualified Investigator and Sub-investigators to conduct the clinical trial according to the study protocol, applicable regulatory and ethical requirements, and institutional policies.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participating in study start-up and recruitment activities
- Assessing participant study eligibility and obtaining informed consent
- Travelling to participants’ homes to conduct study visits, which include but are not limited to, reviewing medical history, administering study questionnaires, completing study assessments, taking vital signs, measuring height and weight, drawing blood samples including simple lab processing and delivering samples to a local lab, collecting urine samples, administering study medication, assessing for, and promptly notifying Investigators of, adverse events
- Completing study data entry and safety reporting within required timelines
- Assisting with maintenance of Trial Master File
- Completing core-research and study-specific training
- Attending meetings related to monitoring enrollment, identifying and problem-solving recruitment and/or other challenges in trial conduct, creating and implementing strategies to meet study objectives and timelines, ensuring protocol adherence, quality in trial conduct, and risk mitigation
- Participating in trial monitoring visits and attending to any follow-up items
- Communicating clearly, concisely, professionally and in a timely fashion
- Other related duties, as necessary
- Graduation from a British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM)-approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as an RN or LPN with the BCCNM
- Current Criminal Record Check
- Current CPR certification; training updates can be provided
- At least two (2) years of recent clinical nursing experience preferably caring for older adults or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Must be proficient at venipuncture/phlebotomy
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to think critically and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Must have own vehicle and valid BC Class 5 Driver’s Licence – This position involves travelling to homes of older adults (including independent-living, assisted-living, and long-term care facilities) and Seniors’ Centres within the Greater Vancouver area, to administer study medication and conduct study visits at least 3 times per week
- Must be willing to rotate with other study nurses to be study nurse on-call (Please note, it is anticipated that off-hours phone calls will be rare but per regulatory requirements, there must be 24-hour availability from the study team)
- Competency with computers and videoconferencing (Outlook, Word, Excel, Zoom)
- Experience working with clinical trials an asset
- TCPS2, GCP, Health Canada Division 5 and Transportation of Dangerous Goods training preferred
- SoCRA or ACRP certification preferred
DESIRED START DATE
August 15, 2022, or sooner
Salary commensurate with clinical qualifications and experience. Three (3) weeks annual vacation. Position is for one year with possibility of extension.
COMPANY & LOCATION OF WORK
Qu Biologics Inc. 4475 Wayburne Drive, Suite 305 Burnaby, British Columbia V5G 4X4 Canada