Why Fraser Health?
We invite you to apply today and find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends as an exceptional place to work. A 2022 BC Top Employer, we value diversity in the work force and seek to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Temporary Full Time Research Contracts Coordinator to provide support to the Evaluation & Research Services team at Central City Tower, located in Surrey B.C. This opportunity is available until March 29th 2024.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations, and is home to six Métis Chartered Communities. Our team of 43,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Effective October 26th, 2021 all staff for all positions across Health Care require full COVID 19 vaccination. All positions, require that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and there are no exceptions.
Curious to learn what it’s like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
Reporting to, and working closely with, the Contracts and Business Development Specialist, the Research Contracts Coordinator is responsible for a range of business support activities to the Department of Evaluation and Research Services. This includes but is not limited to contractual start up activities for individual studies, amendments, as required during study conduct and monitoring to ensure compliance with Fraser Health policies, pertinent legislation and regulations.
- Participates in the long term planning process for the Fraser Health Department of Evaluation and Research Services' Clinical Trial program. Helps to identify research administration workload related needs by assisting in setting priorities, developing processes, identifying errors / deficiencies in the system applications. Communicates these issues for corrective action, testing and validation.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of Fraser Health policies and procedures applicable to industry sponsored clinical research. Acquires understanding of sponsor/contract research organization (CRO) interests and of the clinical research regulatory environment. Advises principal investigators/research staff on requirements for industry-sponsored clinical research agreements as well as interpretations/implications of various terms.
- Gathers and maintains data on current clinical research fees for services at Fraser Health (e.g., start up fees, pharmacy fees, radiology procedural costs etc.) from Fraser Health departments, programs, and areas, to ensure that Fraser Health researchers have accurate data upon which to base their clinical trial and grant budgets and to reduce the risk of a budget shortfall.
- Assists in the development of sponsored clinical study and grant budgets (including in-kind).
- Reviews contract drafts provided by research funders or collaborators (either industry Sponsors or academic institutions), edits language to ensure compliance with Fraser Health requirements, negotiates acceptable contract language with collaborators. Negotiates amendments and modifications to research agreements, as necessary and coordinates execution requirements.
- Conducts appropriate review and approval of contracts. Consults with Contracts and Business Development Specialist regarding complex issues or those requiring potential legal or risk management review.
- Assists in contract development and negotiation activities in an efficient and timely manner, tracking metrics and progress to ensure Fraser Health is competitive in its capacity to start up a research study in a reasonable timeframe.
- Creates professional services contracts as required for research-related contractors.
- Ensures compliance with internal requirements for sign off of contracts based on Fraser Health policy.
- Maintains contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, collaborator contact information, change management, updates to the central contract tracker, status reports and other documents for all projects.
- Tracks payments and maintains accurate and detailed records for individual clinical studies against the payment schedules and activities conducted, reconcile and address discrepancies and questions in a timely manner with the study team, DERS team members, or Fraser Health finance, as applicable.
- Adheres to applicable Fraser Health Finance Policies, financial management practices and Fraser Health's Finance Policy, identify and fills in gaps in departmental financial practice, develops and drafts procedures or working practices to continually improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Assists the Contracts and Business Development Specialist, as requested, in the assessment, reconciliation and reporting of financial information for the Department.
- Verifies accuracy of invoices by checking items such as quantities, prices, taxes, extensions, discounts and freight charges for data entry.
- Verifies signing authorities and correct account codes for documents sent to Accounts Payable following established procedures.
- Prepares cheque requests and invoices for Manager approval, in accordance to established procedures.
Education and Experience
Bachelors degree in a related field such as; Research or Health Administration, Finance, Business Administration, and 5 years recent related experience in a research administration or health care environment including experience in contract development and negotiation and budget development and management in a health research environment.
Demonstrates the leadership practices of the Fraser Health Leadership Framework of Clear, Caring and Courageous and creates the conditions for people to succeed.
- Functional experience in the negotiation and management of clinical study budgets and research grants, including knowledge of grant principles and practices.
- Knowledge of financial management, including basic accounting principles and practices, preferably in health research administration.
- Experience with computerized accounting and timekeeping systems and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage budgets in a health research or health care environment.
- Direct experience and knowledge in the development and negotiation of a range of research contracts (including but not limited to clinical trials, research studies, data disclosure, confidentiality and service provision).
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work through differences and develop and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders and team members in a fast--paced environment where efficiency is mandatory.
- Demonstrated sound judgement, analytical and a positive and pro-active approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines and work independently.
- Strong functional knowledge of MS Excel.
- Precise attention to accuracy and detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.