Why Fraser Health?
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of 43,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Effective October 26th, 2021 all staff for all positions across Health Care require full COVID 19 vaccination. All positions, require that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and there are no exceptions.
We are currently looking to fill an exciting Casual position as a Coordinator, Clinical Research at Royal Columbian Hospital in the department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine located in New Westminster, B.C.
A career with Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of professionals in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
We invite you to apply today and find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends and family as a phenomenal place to work! We value diversity in the work force and aim to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Find out what it’s like to work here. Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights!
Connect with us!
Connect with us on our Careers social channels where you’ll learn about exciting opportunities, get career tips from our recruiters, and meet some of your future team members! You can also visit us on Indeed and Glassdoor.
Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | TikTok
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
The Coordinator, Clinical Research coordinates, conducts, and oversees clinical trials and research activities for Fraser Health (FH). Supports and facilitates the planning, communication, and implementation of clinical trials and clinical related research projects. Responsible for the recruitment of study participants and the data collection, management, maintenance, and documentation for each clinical study. Supervises and monitors study subject progress and follow-up. Ensures compliance and timelines are maintained.
- Coordinates and conducts clinical trials and clinical related research activities for FH.
- Assists the Leader in the design and implementation of research protocol, with the cooperation of the study sponsor.
- Recruits study participants by identifying and screening potential subjects and obtaining informed consent.
- Coordinates patient visit schedules as per study protocol. Executes all aspects of study visit such as assessing adverse effects, monitoring safety, medications, questionnaires, and sample collection. Reports any adverse events per protocol or regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates and implements all aspects of data collection and source documentation for each study. Ensures study related administrative tasks and correspondence are completed such as the preparation and collection of study and required regulatory documents. Prepares and submits applications for ethical review to the FH Research Ethics Board (REB) and other REB's, as required, and ensures that all applicable approvals for conducting research in FH and other sites are obtained.
- Supervises and monitors study subject progress and follow-up. Ensures compliance is maintained.
- Maintains, monitors, calculates, processes, and summarizes financial data, records, and information for projects.
- Provides direction and leadership to research related staff, including the supervision of students and volunteers, within the scope of the projects, as appropriate.
- Facilitates ongoing communication among researchers within FH and other health authorities including engaging with FH researchers about potential studies.
- Assists with the feasibility assessment and study start-up, which may include preparation of grant applications for new research initiatives and ensure that FH pre-award and post-award requirements are maintained.
- Assists with tracking the progress of research activities against planned timelines and milestones using the Clinical Trial Management System software.
- Maintains an awareness of new developments and trends through literature reviews, contact with peers at other organizations, and attendance at seminars, workshops, and education programs, as appropriate.
Baccalaureate Degree in a health related science plus three (3) years recent related experience in clinical research or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Demonstrates the leadership practices of the Fraser Health Leadership Framework of Clear, Caring and Courageous and creates the conditions for people to succeed.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Knowledge of research methodology and process.
- Demonstrated technical expertise and scientific judgement.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple research projects.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in health care.
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer (PC) and applicable software applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.