Clinical Research Informatics Coordinator
Children's & Women's Health Centre
Job type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Vancouver BC
Hours of work: 08:00-16:30 / 08:30 - 17:00
Reference number: 131665
Are you a well organized person with strong coordination skills? The Clinical Research Informatics Coordinator develops and implements informatics solutions at the interface of clinical, population and basic research. Leverage your research and QIQA skills to support research and clinical projects across Children’s and Women’s campus.
What you’ll do
- Support researchers to fulfill their clinical research mandates by reviewing research program needs and providing clinical research informatics solutions that enhance and benefit research programs and projects.
- Coordinate between the Clinical Research Support Unit and the Data Management team at BCCHR to foster alignment of practices and ensure optimal data services are provided for clinical research.
- Coordinate between C&W Clinical Informatics department and BCCHR Data Management team to represent clinical research needs within C&W clinical informatics decisions and align data management practices where appropriate.
- Support implementation of clinical research informatics solutions by orientating staff and faculty or other health professionals.
- Analyze and synthesize information provided by a variety of sources, such as researchers, health care providers, IT professionals and management, to determine the needs of stakeholders and develop plans to support research applications.
- Represent BCCHR on various committees to provide specialized knowledge and expertise on the utilization of data for research purposes.
- Keep up-to-date regarding new initiatives, developments and trends in clinical research informatics as they impact health research through literature review and professional development. Communicate information and make recommendations to the Director of Research Informatics.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Degree in a related discipline and a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience working in a health information or information management setting. Advanced data management skills and a high degree of computer literacy are required. Proven experience utilizing database platforms, including REDCap.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally. Experience with project management and project management principles.
- Excellent troubleshooting and organizational skills as well as great attention to detail.
- Capable of identifying problems and developing creative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
What we do
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW) bcwomens.ca is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education.
(BCW) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.