Job Type: Temporary, Full-Time (Until January 31, 2024)
Location: 399 Royal Avenue, Kelowna, BC V1Y 5L3
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 0900-1700
Requisition: # 121486
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What you’ll do
- Consult with the PI and other stakeholders on an ongoing basis to determine opportunities for new initiatives, grants and projects. Identify, research and analyze information to achieve research project objectives. Assist in writing and/ or editing significant portions of,ethics, and other documentation in support of research projects and activities within the investigator-initiated study.
- Facilitate the development, maintenance and enhancement of procedures and processes for the operation of a research project, including pharmacy information manuals, laboratory manuals, enrollment procedures, data entry guidelines, case report forms, and other study-related documents as necessary. Provide input to define administrative/ resource needs and develop and implement strategies to meet needs. Manage financial resources and help develop budgets for new studies. Direct the activities of assigned staff by establishing clear definitions of responsibility for each employee, reviewing workload assignments and adjusting schedules according to workload to ensure levels meet operational requirements.
- Contribute to research design, development of research tools, including the study database, and follow-up. Complete processes and procedures, including applications for new or expanded research ethics approval. Monitor progress of research projects and attainment of project milestones. Prepare and distribute reports, including reports to funding agencies. Coordinate the development of specific study documents, tools and processes in collaboration with the Principal Investigators and Research Teams.
- Provide administrative support for locally organized conferences including organizing meeting details and logistics. Coordinate communications activities for research initiatives and projects including planning, developing and deploying communications plans and materials such as audio-visual materials for presentations using creativity and a variety of media including web-based information sites.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences or related field, plus a minimum of five (5) years of research experience in the health care sector including experience using data analysis programs and reference databases such as RedCap.
- Certification such as Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) or Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA), or Clinical Research Associate/Coordinator Certification preferred.
You will also have
- Sound understanding of clinical trials with a specialization in oncology.
- Extensive knowledge of the scientific terminology and research methodology in the health sector.
- Ability to evaluate service delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal, management, coordination and communication skills.
- Proven leadership skills and team/collaborative skills, especially within a research infrastructure
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.